About Community Grants
APPLICATION DEADLINES: June 30, September 30, December 31, 2018
Since 1999, more than $646,000 has been awarded through Community Grants, which generally range from $1,000 to $5,000 each. Grant requests are reviewed quarterly by a five-member committee made up of an officer of First Federal, a board member, an employee, a customer and the Community Relations Officer. Applicants can expect a response within four weeks of the application deadline.
Note that grant requests not selected do not remain on file, and new requests must be submitted each time. Requests for funds of less than $1,000 should be directed to a local branch for consideration.
Criteria for Funding: The organization is a qualified nonprofit operating within and benefitting Yamhill County. Grant awards and amounts are determined quarterly by the Grants Committee, with a focus on meeting basic human needs and helping with capital improvements or equipment. Generally operational grants are not awarded.
Please email First Federal's Community Relations Officer or call (503) 435-3214 with questions or to discuss your grant request before submission.
Recent Grant Awards
- Provided funds to Blanchet House of Carlton to make necessary improvements at the transitional home and work place serving 60 men in recovery
- Provided funds to Henderson House to help fund a required sprinkler system in the emergency shelter as required in order to remain open to the public
- Provided funds to the McMinnville Lions Club to fund needed repairs to donated medical devices which are made available to the public at no charge
- Provided funds to Tilikum Center for Retreats and Outdoor Ministries to help fund road improvements to increase camp safety and access at Camp Tilikum
- Provided funds to Yamhill-Carlton FFA Alumni Association to help fund a new Ag-FFA building at Yamhill-Carlton High School
Funded Grant Projects
Grants generally range from $1,000 to $5,000. Have a smaller project? Contact your local branch for potential support.