Careers you can bank on.
We've been around nearly 100 years, which means we've learned a thing or two about what employees want in a career. Not only do we give back monetarily and in volunteer time to our surrounding community, we also strive to be an excellent corporate citizen and don't shy away from celebrating that fact.
Our employees rate us highly as an employer of choice, which is evident in our low turnover rates. As of 2020, 42% of our staff have worked for First Federal 5 or more years and 9% of our staff have worked for First Federal for more than 20 years!
We offer a competitive compensation package consisting of competitive pay, paid time off programs, and health benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
First Federal provides benefits to all employees working 25 or more hours per week. Benefit enrollment eligibility is the first of the month following completion of 30 days of employment.
Health and Wellness
First Federal pays 100% of the employee only premium for employees working between 30-40 hours per week and 72% of the employee premium for employees working between 25 and 29 hours. Employees may add eligible dependents at their cost.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Premium payment pre-tax plan (IRS Section 125)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Financial Security and Retirement
You can save for your future and protect yourself from the unexpected by taking advantage of our discounted banking services, retirement programs. We provide eligible employees working between 30 and 40 hours with employer paid Life and Long Term Disability insurance.
- 401(k) Savings Plan including traditional pre-tax and Roth after-tax contributions. Eligible employees can begin participating on the first of the month following 90 days of employment, including an employer match of eligible pay contributed each payday.
- Life Insurance benefit at two times your annual earnings
- Long Term Disability Insurance replaces 60% of your monthly pay, upon approval and after a 90-day waiting period
- Voluntary Life Insurance programs (self, spouse, children)
- Legal and ID Theft Supplemental Insurance programs
- AFLAC supplemental Insurance programs
- Employee discounts on banking and loan services, Dell computers, LifeMart, and LifeBalance membership
Supporting The Community We Live In
First Federal is dedicated to Yamhill County and encourages employees to volunteer at local events and with non-profit organizations throughout the year. Annually, employees receive 8 hours of paid time to be used for Community Volunteerism. In fiscal year 2019, our staff provided 3,364 hours of community service.
We are proud to have been awarded the Portland Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award for eleven consecutive years for our innovative community giving programs, with over $266,600 awarded to students and community organizations in 2019 alone, and over $2 million in the past twenty years.
We offer a variety of resources and paid time off programs to help our employees strike the right work/life balance and find the help you need, whenever you need it.
- Vacation time accrual available for use after 90 days (10 days annual accrual minimum)
- Sick Leave accrual available for use after 90 days (Accrue up to 640 hours)
- Paid Federal Bank Holidays from date of hire
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Jury Duty Leave
- Personal time hours at 2 hours per month
- Family Medical Leave (state and federal)
Check out career opportunities at First Federal and set up job alerts for positions that interest you.
First Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer committed to a diverse workforce. First Federal is an E-Verify Employer. Please contact Human Resources at 503-435-3216 should you need assistance in completing the application for employment.
Looking to join a career-oriented team? Discover what's possible at First Federal.